The Bank Settlement report details out the net deposits for credit card and e-check payments that are processed by our merchant services provider, ConnexPoint. Use this report to reconcile with your bank statement.
Items to note
- Daily batch processing ends at midnight in your time zone.
- Settle Date is not the same as Payment Date. Because a payment can take anywhere from 24 hours up to 3 days to process, payment dates will be different than the settle date. For example, your settlement deposit may show January 15 but can include payments for January 12, 13, 14.
- When reconciling, match each deposit to your bank account using the Deposit Total column.
Report field descriptions
|Settle Date:||The date the deposits are batched and sent to your bank account.
IMPORTANT: Settle Date is different than Payment Date. Several payments can be included in a settle date.
|Deposit Account:||The bank account the net total funds are deposited into. If you have multiple accounts, click the filter and select the applicable account.|
|Service Fee Total||The total fee amount you are collecting from payers at checkout to offset processing fees.|
|Gross Total||Total deposit including service fees. Sub Total + Service Fee Total.|
|Debited Processing Fees||
The fees charged for processing online transactions.
NOTE: processing fee calculations can vary according to contracts.
The total amount deposited into your bank account. Gross Total - Debited Processing Fees.
Use this number to match each deposit in your account.
|Estimated Fund Date||
The approximate date the money posts in your account.
NOTE: If the estimated fund date is a weekend or holiday, the funds will show in your bank account the following business day.
The date the payment transaction was entered. Found under Activities tab.
The type of transaction, for example, payment or refund. Found under the Activities tab.
A ConnexPoint reference id. Found under the Activities tab.
|Invoice||The invoice number for the payment transaction. Found under the Activities tab.|
|Name||The name on the card or checking account. Found under the Activities tab.|
|Account Type||The brand of the card used. For example, Visa, Amex, eCheck. Found under the Activities tab.|
|Last 4||The last 4 numbers on the card or checking account. Found under the Activities tab.|
|Product Code||Your product code for the item. Found under the Products tab.|
|Account Code||Your account code for the item. Found under the Account Codes tab.|
View deposit details
You can see deposit details by expanding each Settle Date. Just click the arrow next to the specific Settle Date.
There are three tabs in the details view: Activities, Products, Account Codes.
Activities: Displays each transaction for that settle date. Here you find the payment date, name and last 4 numbers on the card or checking account, account type, payment reference (a ConnexPoint code), and the invoice number for each transaction.
Products: Displays deposit amounts separated by your product code. Note that if an item does not have a product code, it won't be included in this view.
Account Codes: Displays deposit amounts separated by your account code.
You can export this report to Microsoft Excel, to a CSV file, or to a PDF. The options are available at the top of the report.
- Export to Excel: The information is exported to Microsoft Excel. In this file, the first tab provides the settlement summary and the subsequent tabs provide transaction details by bank account.
- Export Details to CSV: The information is exported as a comma-separated values file. This looks like a typical spreadsheet file but can be used with most any spreadsheet program.
- Export to PDF: The information is exported into and Adobe Acrobat PDF file.
- Export Account Code Detail to Excel: The information is exported to Microsoft Excel. In this file, the first tab is a summary showing total amounts by account code for the date range you selected. The second tab provides the details, showing account code totals by settle date.