You can apply account credit to unpaid or partially paid invoices from both the admin portal and your public site. When a customer signs in to register or pay an invoice, if they have account credit, ASAP displays a link which enables them to apply credit toward the invoice.
This article explains how to apply account credit in the admin portal.
- Locate a customer's invoice.
- Open the invoice and on the page menu, click More Options ().
- Select Apply credit. You will not see this option if the customer does not have account credit.
- In the Apply Credit dialog box, ASAP shows the customer's credit amount. If desired, you can apply less credit by clicking the EDIT AMOUNT and typing a new amount.
- Type a note as to why you are issuing the credit and click .
Note that the invoice amount is adjusted for the credit. In the following image the customer had $100 account credit and ASAP shows we applied that credit in the Amount Paid field. This reduced the balance due.
The Transaction Details and the Invoice History tabs, at the bottom of the invoice, display the credit information.