Copying a class is a quick way to create a new instance of the class. When you copy a class, all the details of the class are copied over. You can edit these details after the copy, as needed.
NOTE: If you want to copy all your classes to a new time period, use our roll classes feature as that copies multiple classes at one time.
- Locate your class.
TIP: Use the search feature in the ASAP ribbon to quickly locate your class. Select Classes from the list, and then type the class name. You can type the first few letters of the class and ASAP displays a list of all active classes matching your criteria.
- Click the class to open the class details page.
- On the class details page menu, click More options , and select Copy this class.
- Fill in the information in the Copy class dialog box.
- Select the Time Period if it is different than the current one.
- Select each day the class is held. To deselect a day, click the circled day.
- If you are changing the Start Date or End Date, click the calendars and make those changes. Note that whatever day you select, the start date will correspond to that day.
- If you are copying the class to a new time period, you can leave the Class Code as is, or change it if you like. If you are copying the class to the same time period, you must change the Class Code as it is a unique identifier for the class.
- If you want to copy existing enrollments, select Copy Existing Enrollments.
- Click .
ASAP returns you to the class details page of the class you copied. To see the new class, use the Search feature as explained in Step 1.