There are four primary Attendance Types (formerly called ADA Types in Version 2) other than normal:
- Concurrent HS
If a student belongs to one of the above four Customer Groups, all of the student's attendance will be classified with this special Attendance Type flag. If a student does not belong to any of those four Customer Groups, the attendance is considered "Regular" and has NO FLAG.
If you are late in assigning the student to the Customer Group, example that student registers on August 15th and starts going to class on August 20th but you didn't find out that student was CalWORKS until October 2nd and only then, on October 2nd did you assign the student to the CalWORKS Customer Group, all of the attendance from August 20th until October 2nd will be considered standard or Regular and have no CalWORKS flag.
To adjust the historical attendance to be tagged as CalWORKs or any of the other variations (Apprenticeship, Jail, or Concurrent HS), you can use a widget.
WHO CAN USE: Only administrative level users
WHERE TO FIND WIDGET: Click Configure | Setup Data and scroll to the bottom where it says "Update Customer Attendance Type". Click the link.
HOW TO USE WIDGET:
*** The student must be assigned to the Customer Group you want to flag attendance records. If you want to assign the attendance to Jail attendance type, the student must be assigned to this Customer Group before you do these steps
- You may enter the student ID and click enter OR if you only have a name, click "Show Search" to search by student name and select the appropriate student record.
- Enter a date. This date will be the START date when all attendance records from this date until TODAY will need to be changed.
- Click Find Records
- Note the Cal Att Type column for all records in your data set.
- Select the new correct Attendance Type from the drop down.
- If some records are correctly assigned already, don't worry. ASAP won't change them.
- Verify you are correct and the date is correct and you are sure you want to do this.
- Click Submit
- ASAP will now flag every attendance record with the new Attendance Type
- Note how all records now show CalWORKS in the example below.
You will now see all attendance records from that date until today. See column "Cal Att Type". This is the Attendance Type flag. DO NOT LOOK AT HOURLY ATTENDANCE TYPE. That is where ASAP flags attendance as CC, CVE, Distance Learning, etc.