This article will help to guide you through the process of creating new private lessons which can be thought of as private lesson courses. Each instrument offered at your school will need to have a separate private lesson course created for it. So for example, if Piano, Guitar and Violin are taught at your school then you will need to create a new lesson course for each of these instruments.
Creating a new lesson is much like creating a new course as you do for classes. On the Lesson Builder page you will be saving details about the lesson such as the lesson name and description and the subject it is associated with.
Follow these steps to create a new lesson:
You will need to have lesson subjects already set up (see Subjects article) in order to proceed through these steps.
1. Go to Private Lessons>Create New Lesson
2.You will be directed to the Private Lesson Builder Page. From this page enter in a name for the lesson
3. Enter a description for the lesson:
4. Choose a subject from the dropdown menu to associate the new lesson with. You can also click the “Add a New Subject” link to create a new subject for the lesson
5. Choose a Department (this is optional)
6. Enter a code for the lesson (this could be GUITAR for Guitar Lessons, or whatever you would like the system to identify the lesson as).
7. If you’d like, you can upload an image for the lesson.
8. Click “Create Private Lesson” button
After completing this process your newly created lesson will now appear in the list of Private Lessons (viewable under Private Lessons>Private Lessons) in the admin tool and will also show up on your list of lessons on the Online Registration Site.