When using attendance with Payroll, attendance codes will determine whether teaching hours are added, or excluded, from the Instructor Hours Report. It is not a requirement to use the Attendance module in order to track teaching hours. We do advise though that you have all or none of your teachers take attendance, as if only some use attendance, you will have inconsistent information for your payroll.
Faculty can access attendance from their homepage by using the Take Attendance For > Group Classes menu in the lower part of the page.
Admin can access attendance from Tools > Class Attendance. Using the filters, select the class(es) you wish to take attendance for.
- Click the expand arrow (far left) to expand the class and see the enrolled students.
- Select the class date(s), and click the Present box (or not if they were absent) then click Save.
- You can enter a note against any student by clicking the notes icon on the far right of each row. These notes are displayed in the Enrollment Notes section of the Student-Class Detail page.
Note: If you are tracking student time outside of scheduled teaching hours, use the Hourly Bulk Attendance report. Time entered here is not tracked in the Instructor Hours Report.
Private lessons use difference Attendance Codes to determine if the lesson should be included in the Instructor Hour report or not.
The Attendance Codes are set up in Configure > Set Up Data towards the end of the page. Each attendance type has three properties that can be selected in combination or alone:
- Creates makeup - when attendance is taken using a code with this value checked then the system will generate a new unscheduled lesson automatically
- Teacher is paid - when attendance is taken using a code with this value checked then the system will treat this as a valid record for payroll
- Student is present - when attendance is taken using a code with this value checked then the system will treat the system as having been present for the lesson
We recommend reviewing these attendance codes annually. If you need to make a change or remove a code, you must do so only when you are sure that faculty are no longer using that and that you have processed all payments using that code as any changes to the code will apply retroactively.
Faculty can access attendance from their homepage by using Take Attendance For > Group Classes menu in the lower part of the page.
Admin can take attendance by going to Private Lessons > Attendance
For both, the Attendance Codes will drop down and can be selected and saved for each lesson.