If you have duplicate customer records, use ASAP's merge feature to combine the records.
You can merge two records at a time. Designate one record as the primary record, then when you merge, all the information in the non-primary record that does not exist in the primary record, is moved into the primary record. After the merge, the non-primary record is deleted, and the information is not retrievable.
If you have more than two records for one customer, you can walk through the merge process as many times as needed until you are down to one record.
- On the Navigation menu, click Students.
- On the page menu of the student listings page, click More options (), and then click Merge.
- If you know the name of the student, type the name and click Search. If you want to find all possible duplicate records, just click Search.
- From the list of results, find the two records you want to merge.
- Click Select next to the first record, and then click Select next to the second record.
- Review both records and select one as your Primary record. The primary is the one that seems to be the original record or the one with the most current information.
- Preview the merged record by clicking Preview Merge.
NOTE: When you merge records, all the information in the non-primary record that does not exist in the primary record, is moved into the primary record. ASAP does not replace any existing data in the primary record.
- Review the new record and when ready, click Merge Students.
- Click View Student and ASAP takes you to the updated student details page where you can update any additional information.