When you export the Student Program Status, ASAP uses the filters you choose to determine which student records to include.
- If the filters you choose are WIOA course groups (e.g. WIOA | ESL/ELL or WIOA | High School Diploma), ASAP will pull those students who meet the filter criteria and the Program Status will be for only that WIOA program.
- If the filters you choose are not WIOA Course Groups (e.g. you have a course group called ESL Intermediate), then ASAP will look at all the students that meet this criteria and include all WIOA program status updates for that student.
What this means is that if you choose Course Group = ESL Intermediate and John Doe is in a class in that course group that is ESL and John Doe is also in a high school diploma class, then John Doe will have two program status updates. One for ESL and one for High School Diploma.
** It is important when doing Student Program Status exports to use Course Group filter = WIOA. This will ensure you only obtain the program status you are looking for.
IF STUDENT HAS TWO (2) OR MORE UPDATES... WHAT STATUS DOES ASAP SET IN FILE?
This is an important point. If a student has 2 or more enrollments in the same instructional program with two different teachers, each teacher may do a separate Update record. If so, the "Status" could conflict with one teacher setting Student A to Left and another teacher setting Student A to Retained in ESL. In this event, ASAP will give priority to the Instructional Program Status to Retained.
* It is important to have your teachers serving the same student in the same instructional program to coordinate their Update record data.
- Program Status = Blank (exception: Retained in Program* - should only be used when the student is leaving school but has announced that he/she will return in X months. This might happen, for example, due to travel, job conflict, etc.) ASAP leaves the program status blank with the above exception, when the SPS file is exported.
- SPS Program Start Date = first class start date connected to this instructional program. If you have 5 classes in an instructional program – looks at the earliest class start date of those classes the student is enrolled in
- SPS Program End Date = this field is left blank because TE determines the exit date based on 90 days absence for Periods of Participation.