For lab class attendance or minute-by-minute lab attendance, use our STUDENT CHECK-IN feature. This is ideal for drop-in lab classes. Students can check-in/out of a public kiosk check-in window by keying or scanning in their student ID number or teachers can manage check-in/out using a teacher facing check-in page.
Steps to configure STUDENT CHECK-IN
1. Configure a class for student check-in use. From Class Details, edit the class and check "uses Scan Check-In Attendance".
2. (Optional) To allow students to check-in using a barcode reader, you'll need to create student ID cards and setup barcode readers for each lab class. Contact CI Solutions for the hardware and materials needed for scanned check in.
Steps for teacher to administer KIOSK CHECK-IN
1. The classroom teacher opens ASAP to the check in screen by going to Switch View/Student Check-In.
2. CHECK-IN Students will enter their ASAP ID number or scan their ID number into ASAP.
If a student is only enrolled in only one check-in class, after entering the pass code - a welcome message will display as confirmation that they are checked in.
If a student is only enrolled in one or more check-in classes, after entering the pass code - the student will be able to select the class they wish to check-in to.
3. CHECK-OUT Students will enter their ASAP ID number or scan it to check-out. Upon check out, a thank you message confirms that the student is checked out.
Steps for teacher to administer TEACHER FACING CHECK-IN
1. The classroom teacher opens ASAP to the check in screen from Tools/Check-In. This page is designed for teachers to manage check-in/check-out NOT for students to check themselves into a classroom.
2. CHECK-IN Teacher enters a passcode (student's ID number) or a student's name, selects the class to check them into, then clicks the ENTER STUDENT button. Check-in is confirmed by the following message "You have successfully checked Angela Brown into Advanced Photoshop".
Teacher-facing Check-in Using Electronic Scanner:
Teachers can also use scan check-in. To use an electronic scanner, (purchased separately, most scanners will work with ASAP):
Staff users must print the Student Labels: Barcode 5160 report for a class roster of student barcodes. These can be printed on Avery labels as stickers that are applied to ID cards, or just use as a PDF report.
Start by putting the cursor into the field marked "Enter A Passcode".
With cursor in the Passcode field, scan the first student, notice that student ID number appears in the passcode field.
Click Enter or hit your Enter key on your keyboard.
Student name will appear and a dropdown of classes that student is enrolled in for this day. Select the appropriate class from the dropdown.
Click the Enter button on the screen. (keyboard Enter button not available this time)
You will now see the note that student is checked in.
Repeat steps to check out.
Repeat steps on same day to check in again, if student returns, and repeat again to check out again.
Attendance Detail report will show total minutes or hours in attendance. Go to Class detail page>Attendance options>Attendance Detail report: Filter for days including today:
Attendance tool will show what time student checked in and out. Class detail page>Attendance Options>Take Attendance: Filter for days including today:
3. CHECK-OUT Teacher enters a passcode or name to check out each student individually. Check-out is confirmed by the following message You have successfully checked Angela Brown out of Advanced Photoshop.