You need to be sure to assign courses to each and every course group it belongs to. ASAP uses course groups for:
- TOPS Instructional Programs --> these WIOA course groups are already created and ready to use. Every course funded by WIOA/WIA must be assigned to one TOPS course groups to ensure proper Instructional Program assignment
- State Reporting --> like the J18/19. Every course must be assigned to one and only one J18/19 course group. These course groups are also already ready for you.
- Adult Education Block Grant --> Every course must be assigned to an Adult Ed. Block Grant course group. These course groups are listed as AEBG groups.
- Credit Programs --> courses that are in CTE sequences / pathways for Perkins and/or COE must be assigned to the appropriate course group.
- Public Portal --> in order to show online on your Public Portal, every course must be assigned to at least one course group or your students won't be able to see it online.
Remember, courses can be assigned to one or more course groups. For more information, see Add many courses to a course group at one time or Working with Course Groups
**** DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE THE NAME OR DELETE ANY COURSE GROUP THAT EXISTS IN THE DROPDOWN.