You need to be sure to assign courses to each and every course group it belongs to. ASAP uses course groups for:
- TOPS Instructional Programs --> these WIOA course groups are already created and ready to use. Every course funded by WIOA/WIA must be assigned to one TOPS course groups to ensure proper Instructional Program assignment
- State Reporting --> like the J18/19. Every course must be assigned to one and only one J18/19 course group. These course groups are also already ready for you.
- Adult Education Block Grant --> Every course must be assigned to an Adult Ed. Block Grant course group. These course groups are listed as AEBG groups.
- Credit Programs --> courses that are in CTE sequences / pathways for Perkins and/or COE must be assigned to the appropriate course group.
- Public Portal --> in order to show online on your Public Portal, every course must be assigned to at least one course group or your students won't be able to see it online.
**** DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE THE NAME OR DELETE ANY COURSE GROUP THAT EXISTS IN THE DROPDOWN.