SMS is now available in ASAP 4. If you'd like to add SMS to your account, please email email@example.com for details.
Get Started with SMS
Here's what you need to do to get up and running.
Getting Students to Opt In
As some of your students or staff may pay per message for the texts they receive, ASAP does not automatically opt students in to receiving texts.
- On the Navigation menu, click Tools, and then Communication Center
- Click Templates, and select Email from the Templates filter
- Click Edit on the SMS Opt In/Out to make any changes to this automatic message (we think you should enter your organization name here)
- Go to Compose and select Recipients (such as All Students)
- Select the SMS Opt In/Out template and send
- Students can opt in by sending a message to (651) 390-9001 (United States) or (61) 485827712 (Australia)
- They will receive an automated response and their account will be set to receive all future messages. Here are the automated message commands
Getting New Students to Opt In during Registration
Enabling the Opt In/Out setting on your Registration Forms will ensure all future students will have the option to receive texts from you.
- On the Navigation menu, click Set Up, and then click Registration Forms
- On your Default form, scroll to the Student Information section
- Scroll to the end of this section, to the Opt In SMS field.
- Click Visible. If you require students to answer this question, you can also click the Required box.
Now on your public site registration form and Account Details page, students will be able to Opt In or Out of future text messages.