Update: August 2020
In response to numerous requests, we have updated Class Media so that information you provide via the Class Media tool will only be accessed by enrolled students. Students may access these via the View Media link in the Class on their Activities page of their online account.
This provides a way to share online meeting details securely with enrolled students, along with any other files and videos required for the enrolled students.
Information that can be more widely shared should be included in the Class description or Additional Information sections.
Set Up Instructions
To add media to a Course:
If you wish to add media to a course, so that it shows in all related classes, start from the course level.
- First locate the course you wish to add media to. From the course detail page, select "Upload course media" from the left side.
- If there is already any media uploaded in this course, it will show under its respective category.
- From the "Upload media" table, click the 'file upload' link and select the file you wish to upload. Once it is selected, give it a title, and select what type of file it is.
- IMPORTANT: Check the "Viewable by Public" box if you want enrolled students to see this media in their account
- Once this is done, click the 'add file' button to upload and save the file to the course. It will now show under it's respective table, and will apply to all classes within this course.
To add media to an individual Class:
- First find the class you would like to add media to through the class search. Once you are on the class detail page, find the 'I want to...' dropdown menu, and select 'View class media.'
- You will now be brought to the same page as you saw previously when viewing course media, except now the media will only apply to this specific class.