You can merge any two invoices that are associated with the same family account. The result will be a single invoice containing all of the transactions, notes, and history from both invoices. This can be useful when you want to keep all of a student's transactions from one time period on a single invoice.
You can merge invoices with any status (UNPAID, PARTIAL, PAID) except for invoices on payment plans (that feature will come at a future date).
Discounts will be included in the merge, but the discounts will not be recalculated after the merge. That means that the total dollar amount of the discounts on the new invoice will always be the sum of the discounts from the the two merged invoices.
You cannot undo an invoice merge, so be sure that the invoices you're choosing to merge are the correct ones!
How To Merge Invoices
To turn on this feature for your user account, you'll need to update the configuration for this. To do so, just go to the left nav panel under Configure > User Access. From there, you'll need to make sure the user access "Merge Invoices" is checked off. Once done, just save the configuration. If you did not have this checked before, you'll need to log out and log back in for the changes to take affect.
From the Student Details page:
- Search for the student who's invoices you want to merge.
- On that student's page, click the Invoices tab.
- Beneath the list of invoices, click the Merge Invoices link.
- Select an invoice. Once you do, the details of that invoice will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Select another invoice. All items, discounts, and transactions from the second invoice will be added to the first invoice.
- Click the "Merge Invoices" button.
From the Invoice page:
- Just select the "Action" button and click on "Merge Invoice".
- Perform the same actions as you would in the steps above, while noting that whichever invoice you select to merge with will have all of it's information put on the invoice you first started with.
That's it. The second invoice has now been erased from the system and all of it's transactions and history have been added to the first invoice selected.