Update: August 2020
In response to numerous requests, we have updated the Class Media tool so that confidential information like Zoom links can be provided via the Class Media tool will only to enrolled students. Students may access these via the View Media link in the Class on their Activities page of their online account.
Information that can be more widely shared should be included in the Class description or Additional Information sections.
To add media to a course
If you wish to add media to a course, so that it shows in all related classes, start from the course level.
- On the Course page, click the and select View Course Media
- If there is already any media uploaded in this course, it will show under its respective category.
- From the "Upload media" table, click the 'file upload' link and select the file you wish to upload. Once it is selected, give it a title, and select what type of file it is.
- IMPORTANT: Check the "Viewable by Public" box if you want enrolled students to see this media in their public accounts
- Once this is done, click the 'add file' button to upload and save the file to the course. It will now show under it's respective table, and will apply to all classes within this course.
To add media to an individual class
- On the Class page, click the top and select View Class Media
- Follow steps 2-5 above.