ASAP's payment plan feature lets your students divide the balance due on an invoice into multiple monthly payments. Once you have configured the default terms of the plan (the number of payments, whether to charge a deposit or a fee, etc.) you can make payment plans an option to your students when they pay their bills online, or you can reserve the ability to put an invoice on a payment plan for your staff only.
To Configure your default Payment Plan, follow these steps:
- Under Set Up, select Terms.
- Select the Payment Plans tab.
- Select the edit icon, click the box to allow payment plans.
- Click the save icon to finalize.
- Select the Time Periods tab at the top to configure a Time Period with a payment plan.
- Select create new for a new Time Period to configure or select edit in the ellipses of a Time Period.
- For this article we will be focusing solely on the Payment Plan portion of Time Period configuration.
- Pay Plan Months: Allows you to configure the length of the payment plan. A deposit is included as month #1.
- Pay Plan Start Date: The first date that the payment plan will be charged. If you have a deposit configured the deposit is counted as the first payment date.
- Pay Plan Deposit Fixed: If you want to require a fixed-rate deposit. ($100 for example)
- Pay Plan Deposit Percentage: If you want to require a percentage-based deposit enter is here.
- Pay Plan Fee: If you want to charge a fee whenever anyone creates a payment plan enter it here. This can be configured as a Fixed Fee or a Percentage Based Fee.
- Once configured, select Add Time Period to save.