Use General Ledger accounts to assign and collect financial information on fees collected. Information can be gathered at any level of detail desired, such as classes, courses, course groups, sites, products, discounts etc.. General Ledger (GL) reports (Account Distribution reports) will display summary and detail information on fees collected per account, per date range. These reports can be exported to Excel, CSV, PDF and used in other applications such as Quickbooks, that can import from these file types.
- On the Navigation menu, click Set Up, and then click Financials
- Click the G/L tab.
- Click the to add a new GL.
- Enter the name and code - double check for accuracy.
- Click the to save your entry
Reports using GL Codes
Many of the financial reports include GL codes. If you are a ConnexPoint customer, you will also find your GL codes in the Bank Settlement Report showing all your credit card and ACH transactions.
- On the Navigation menu, click Reporting, and then click Financial
- Revenue Report with Grouping - Group by GL Code to see all revenue booked to these codes within a date range. Apply filters to isolate specific activities. This is a very robust report and one of your best tools within ASAP.
- GL Report - this is a simple date range report showing each revenue per GL code in Summary and Detail form.
- Revenue Detail with Payment - this is a very detailed report showing all activities and details over a date range. This report is helpful for managing Deferred Revenue.