The Features page allows you to configure specific functions of your financial activities.
Merchant gateway account
- On the Navigation menu, click Set Up, and then click Financials
- On the Payment Processing tab, click the Edit pencil icon to enter your merchant gateway account details.
- Click Save.
- If applicable, enter the tax rate to apply to all sales
- Select the payment options you'd like your customers to utilize. These are global settings to will apply to all activities you offer automatically.
Custom Payment Types
- Sometimes you need to create a different type of payment, especially if you are collecting payments in a different system but need to track those payments in ASAP. By setting up a Custom Payment type fee here, you can then select that payment type when processing a payment on an invoice.
- Add all the types of fees you need to track, like Tuition Fees, Late Fees and Manual Fees. The two fees that exist already are system generated and tied to the Registration Fee (set up in Time Period) and Materials Fee.
Ticket Fee Types
- If you use the Events module, you can set up different types here to allow you to offer different prices for event tickets.
- Here you enter all the General Ledger codes your accountants use to track revenue. You can edit or archive the two codes set up as examples: Prorated Discount and Revenue
- Here you can set up the optional 'Job Class' which allows you to assign a class to your faculty. This is typically 'Full time/Part time'
- Set up your Discount Categories here. This is important as it allows you to easily report on the different types of discounts, like Tuition Assistance, Faculty Discounts or Two for One/Early Reg type discounts.
- Discount Preferences automatically calculate discounts in favor of your student, 'Benefit the Registrant', giving them the biggest possible discount based on what is on the invoice, or giving them the smallest, 'Benefit the Organization.'
- This tool allows you to manage all payments made through the Recurring Billing tool.