There are several common reasons why your discounts, both automatic and coupons, may not be working:
- Discount has expired – Discounts are setup to start and end on specific dates. If you have a discount that was once working but is no longer, make sure the discount is still active. If it isn’t, edit the discount and expand the expiration date for the discount.
- Discount is not active yet – Like in the previous case, your discounts are setup with the start date. Make sure that the start date is not in the future. If it is, edit the discount and change the start date to the current date.
- Discount is configured to apply to multiple classes/courses/course groups – If you configure your discount to apply to multiple classes or courses, students will have to enroll into each class / course you listed in the discount description to qualify for that discount.
- Single-use coupon – If you configure a coupon discount and it is not working, make sure that coupon is multi-use. If you configure it as a single-use coupon, after you use the coupon the first time the discount will become inactive.
- Classes are not discountable – Another common reason for discounts to not work is if classes are not setup as discountable. To make sure all your items are discountable, edit each class on the invoice and under the class fee section check if the class has the discountable option enabled. If it is disabled, enable the option to make it discountable and save changes.
- Time period fee is not discountable – If you configure the discount to apply to a Time Period fee, but it is not working, make sure that your Time Period fee is discountable. To do this, go to Set Up > Terms > Time Periods > Select the ellipses on the Time Period you want to edit > Select the checkbox on Discounts.
- Invoice items are manual fees – Manual fees are not discountable. If you add manual fees to the invoice, you will not be able to apply discount to these fees.