You may need to reallocate a payment on an invoice to attribute a payment to one item instead of another. This is especially common on invoices with partial payments.
Before you attempt to do this, make sure that your user access level is configured to be able to view and edit invoice items.
- NAVIGATE to the invoice you would like to reallocate the payments on. **NOTE - From the invoice, notice that the amount paid is listed and the payment details are listed, but there is no way to know what portion of the invoice was reduced / paid for when the payment was made.
- To see the details of how the payments were allocated and to be able to reallocate the payment CLICK the ellipsis in the upper righthand corner
- SELECT Reallocate Payments
- From this screen, you will see a few different options. To review and reallocate payment, SELECT the transaction you want to reallocate in the drop down "Please select transaction to allocate"
- In this scenario, there is only have one transaction to allocate, so SELECT that. Note the item name, item amount and payment allocation. In this scenario, the full $125 has been allocated to the first item. However, you may want to update how this payment is spread out. You may want to spread the payment out across all the items with the remainder allocated to the registration fee. TYPE any new allocations you want to make in the Amount to Allocate box next to each item.
- CLICK Update Payment Allocation **NOTE - The amount allocated when selected on the drop down MUST ADD UP to the total amount of the payment. If not, an error message will be thrown indicating that the amount is incorrect and to set it correctly.
- CLICK “Back to Invoice Detail” to return to the invoice page.